Day 16: 30 Day Meditation

Today is Grandma's Marathon in Duluth. I love watching the runners. I am inspired every year to imagine that I, too, could train and run. Of course I never do. It hurts to run across the street - knees and ankles cracking, organs joggling around in my belly. Running doesn't feel safe to me.

Of course meditation doesn't always feel safe either, does it? Sitting with our thoughts, feeling and emotions, day in and day out. I guess we can liken ourselves to the runners: here we sit, training our minds, schooling our thoughts, developing our will.

Today I sat with a recording I made last night at Yin class of a short deep relaxation practice. First a breath and body awareness practice followed by the gong. It was a bit odd to listen to myself but the practice was enjoyable. I'll try to get the audio posted by Monday.

Have a good weekend. I am off to the races!


0 comments:

Post a Comment